Getting Started Supports for ALS or Other Progressive Conditions
If you have a progressive condition or a need for alternative access, this interactive guide to Tobii Dynavox supports will help you explore how to keep doing what's important to you.
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as ALS and Lou Gehrig's disease, is a neurological disease that attacks the motor neurons responsible for the use of voluntary muscles. In the early stages of ALS, individuals may experience a weaker voice or slurred speech, and as the condition progresses, muscle atrophy can make it increasingly harder to communicate.
There are other progressive diseases, illnesses, and injuries that can also result in similar communication impairments including cerebral palsy, brain injury, brain tumors, Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and more.
Click the link below to explore the supports available to help people with progressive conditions keep doing what matters to them:
1. Prepare by educating yourself and preserving your voice
2. Communicate in face-to-face interactions
3. Access Windows or iOS platforms for internet browsing or using apps
4. Use phone and texting functions
5. Stay connected with e-mail and social media
6. Control your surroundings with remotes, smart speakers, apps, and more
Select the green "Get Started" button to register for this course. Once you are registered, you will be able to access the content links below.